How do the manufacturers implement it ?
Each INNOSHOE member designates someone in charge of Chemical Safety within its organisation who will be responsible for the monitoring of the process, following the evolution of rules and regulations with CTC (Expert Centre servicing the Leather industry), respecting these rules and regulations, keeping the list of specifications up-to-date and sharing it with its suppliers.
The signatories take the commitment to :
- manage Innocuity/REACh* through a dedicated and structured internal process
- update, on a constant basis, a specifications manual that includes these new rules
- communicate regularly the specifications manual on Innocuity/REACh to all of their suppliers and sub-contractors with the obligation to collect their formal commitment to follow these rules
- regularly control the conformity of shoe collections by running chemical test campaigns with recognised laboratories
- archive the results of the chemical tests conducted and ensure the traceability in the management of any identified non-conformities
- have an emergency procedure in place to organise a product recall if necessary.
*REACh = Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals